Soundwave - Done Oct 12, 2019 5:46:47 GMT
Post by Soundwave on Oct 12, 2019 5:46:47 GMT
Age: 5 millions years old
Rank: Communications Officer
Alternate Form: MQ-9 Reaper
Primary Residence: Cybertron
• Data cables: These tentacles are very useful and not just in combat either. These can be used for heavy lifting, battle and hacking/downloading data.
• Groundbridges: Soundwave is infamous for weaponizing Groundbridges. While he doesn’t maim or kill his opponents with this tool he is able to end battles much quicker, more often than not by sending his opponent to another planet. . . or into a black hole.
• Experience: Despite not being in the battle field for eons Soundwave is a capable warrior when it comes to the art of hand to hand combat. Being an ex-gladiator has its perks in endless knowledge on fighting techniques, his skills are second only to Megatron.
• Aerial talent: It’s no secret that Soundwave’s loves to fly and is quite the competent flier. He often uses his agility to his advantage, either in battle or to escape it.
• Firearms/Artillery: Soundwave is equipped with the typical firearms for a seeker. He makes due with what he can with his arm blasters, however, they don’t do as much damage as other weapons as his slim frame doesn’t have much room for anything stronger.
Any Team Affiliations?: Decepticons
Significant Other: None
• Silence: Soundwave was a no nonsense quiet-loving mech before the war and retains his love for peace and quiet after it. Being a quiet individual himself he rarely speaks unless spoken to.
• Work: Soundwave, for lack of a better term, is a workaholic. He not only takes pride in his work; but will delve into it for hours on end completely forgetting the rest of the universe. Primus help those that interrupt him while working.
• Order: While Soundwave does not obsess over the order of things; organization (at least to some degree) is definitely a must. As a mech who has always been well put together and organized, law and order is a definite must.
• Loyalty: Soundwave is as loyal as a dog. He lives for the Decepticon cause and for his long time comrade Megatron. He does not tolerate the disloyal under any circumstance, they have no place with the Decepticons after all. Loyalty is the one trait that Soundwave can truly admire in another bot.
• Lazerbeak: Soundwave might be a loner, but he isn’t a complete hermit and does enjoy company every once in a blue moon. Especially when it comes to his beloved drone Lazerbeak. He takes his beloved pet everywhere, strapped securely on his chest, he is rarely seen without him. In his free time (when he isn’t working on destroying Autobots) he often spends time feeding his pet little energon cubes.
• Autobots: The faction is the bane of Soundwave’s very existence. Everything they stood for still stand to this day, even in the new era of “peace” the injustice still stands. He isn’t openly hostile towards all Autobots (unless provoked) but he does have a strong distaste for them, especially the members of team Prime and the Prime family.
• Disloyalty: To Soundwave nothing is worse than a turncoat. Traitors to the Decepticon cause make Soundwave’s energon boil. Any traitor that crosses his path is likely to meet a sudden end, unless he is instructed otherwise by his dear friend.
• Loud noises/distractions: Soundwave is a mech who enjoys a peaceful, albeit unsettling, silence. To be around loud lifeforms, be they organic or otherwise, would drive him mad. Distractions are unwelcome in Soundwave’s mind, and any distraction will be removed as he sees fit.
• Humans (to a degree): Soundwave never really liked organic lifeforms but never really hated them either. However, now with Autobots ruling Cybertron the tiny organics are allowed to run rampant throughout Cybertron’s once glorious streets. In Soundwave’s (metaphorical) optics humans have no place on Cybertron. He detests their presence, but refrains from committing outright violence against them.
• Blind servitude/Braggers: Despite being endlessly loyal Soundwave still has a mind of his own, and seeing blind almost cult-like followers of any cause often make him roll his (metaphorical) optics. He followed the cause for what I stood for, he detests blinds soldiers that do not fully understand the importance of the Decepticon cause. Braggers, like Starscream often was, are another pet peeve of his. You did you job? Good, that’s to be expected. Do you wanna cookie? Too bad. Get back to work.
Despite Soundwave’s incredibly stoic exterior he does (shockingly enough) have an actual personality. Soundwave is incredibly pragmatic and intelligent, while he isn’t in the same tier as Shockwave he’s up there. He often makes well-informed and quick decisions. Soundwave is a hard worker, whether it’s out in the field or back on the Nemisis toiling away for hours on end to make sure communications are running smoothly, if you need a job done right; Soundwave is your mech. Soundwave is loyal and determined. He is, always has been, and always will be a mech of strong will and loyalty. He works like a dog and is loyal like one, he is reliable for pretty much any job.
There is a slightly vindictive side the Soundwave, especially when concerning traitors of his cause. He is known to rat out those who are planning to betray the Decpticon cause, turncoats will not be tolerated. Typically however, Sound was is calm and very in control of his emotions. Soundwave is notorious for being observant, a majority of the Soundwave’s time is spend observing others, especially the enemy. His loyalty drove Soundwave to maintain a constant vigilance on the Nemesis for any potential conspiracies against his master and alert him of the would-be traitors.
Soundwave is a loner with very few exceptions. He does not actively seek out contact with other lifeforms and does not speak unless spoken to; further painting him as an emotional press robot rather than a living lifeform. However, Soundwave still experiences emotions like any other Cybertronian. He grieves, gets angry, gets fearful, and experiences joy just like everyone else, he just keeps it to himself. Soundwave is, contrary to what some may believe, capable of speech. He actively chooses not to engage in conversation but will if need be.
Back on Cybertron, back when Soundwave was still young, he was a gladiator in pit of Kaon; a successful one at that. Until one faithful day he crossed paths with the infamous Megatronus. The two fought long and hard before Soundwave was eventually defeated. Pleased with a hard fought battle by a worthy opponent the two became close allies, and when Megatron left the gladiatorial arena for the political one; Soundwave followed closely behind. The mech’s words of equality and need for justice and order resonated deeply within Soundwave. The two had both come from humble begins, and used the arena as a way to escape the life they had been given, but now Soundwave saw a chance to change that. The Decepticon cause was born, a cause Soundwave has followed ever since.
During the War for Cybertron Soundwave opted to serve the Decepticons from behind the scene as the communication officer; occasionally entering the field to spy on Autobots. When his precious home world was destroyed the mech was devasted, however, unwilling to leave the Decepticon cause he boarded the Nemesis in search of a new home. During their stay on Earth Soundwave rarely left the Nemesis, he practically ran the entire ship in Megatron's absence, everything from monitoring to communications. He also kept tabs on the treacherous Starscream to exploit down the line. When Megatron finally did return the three year peace and quiet of the Nemesis was no more.
After intercepting communications between the Autobot Arcee and Cliffjumper; the Decepticons turned their focus to eradicating the enemy once again. Soundwave remained mostly passive, only leaving the Nemesis when it was absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, the Autobots did get the better of him as he was banished to the Shadowzone. He did manage to return however, when the Bee Team reopened a gateway to the Shadowzone allowing him to escape.
Now Soundwave is on a quest to revive the Decepticon cause, desperate to have his old friend regain what the Decepticons had lost.
RP Alias: Lee
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Who Rules?: Lord Megatron